- Install the plugin in Eclipse:
- Using Update Manager:
- Open Eclipse
- Go to Help -> Software Updates -> Find and Install...
- Select "Search for new features to install" and click "Next"
- Click on "New Remote Site..." and enter "KSJEclipse" and "http://ksjeclipse.sourceforge.net/updates" in the Name and URL fields, respectively. Click OK.
- Make sure the checkbox next to KSJEclipse is selected and click "Finish"
- When prompted select and install the KSJEclipse feature
- When prompted restart Eclipse
- Download the jar
- Just drop the plugin jar in /locationofeclipse/plugins/ directory
- Restart Eclipse
- Open Eclipse and go to Window -> Preferences.
- Go to KSJEclipse and set the location of the SourceJammer client.
- Manually enable the decorator in General -> Appearance -> Label
Decorations and check KSJEclipse Decorator.
This is disabled by default, because users should be aware that they can turn it off, if required.
- Now for each project in your workspace, set the connection properties
by going to Project -> Properties -> KSJEclipse.
Each property is described nicely on the property page itself.
- Connect to a project by right-clicking on it and selecting KSJEclipse -> Connect.
- You can also setup projects to autoconnect to the SourceJammer archive.
- Add Files/Folders
- You can add the files and folders which are not currently in the SourceJammer archive. These files will show up in the traditional red color. The plugin automatically skips files/folders which are already in SourceJammer.
- Checkout Files/Folders
- You can check out multiple folders and files with just one click. All checked out files, show the username to whom the file is checked out and a "tick" icon next to every checked out file.
- Checkin Files/Folders
- You can check in multiple folders and files with just one click. If your selection has files which are not checked out, the plugin will ignore them.
- Update Files/Folders
- You can update checked out file/folders on the server, with your local copy, in a single step. Basically, this action carries out a checkin and then a checkout.
- Get Files/Folders
- You can get multiple files and folders. If you are trying to get over an already checked out file, the plugin will warn you.
- Force Checkin Files/Folders
- You can force check in multiple folders and files with just one click. If your selection has files which are checked out or which are not under version control, the plugin will ignore them.
- If your version of a file is different from that on SourceJammer, it is displayed in the traditional green color. If you have files which SourceJammer does not, they are displayed in red. Checked out files show the little green tick icon along with the name of the user they are checked out to.You can change the colors in the preferences.
- Automatic Connections
- The plugin can automatically connect to the SourceJammer archives for the project.
- Multiple projects and archives
- You can work with multiple projects and archives in the same workspace.
- Persistent Login Info
- Once you have setup the SourceJammer login properties for a project, you can forget about it. The plugin will remember these credentials forever.
- The plugin uses Log4j for loggin. All activity is stored in a log file. To set the location of this file, please open up the jar (use WinRAR etc.) and update log4j.properties. Just change the "path" property to point to the desired location. If you want detailed logs, change INFO to DEBUG. For more information please check out the log4j website.
NOTEPlease TEST the plugin with a new archive before using on a production system.
The author does not and cannot, considering the differing environments, make any guarantees about the suitability of this plugin for you.
If it does not work as intended, email me, and I will try and help you out.